A Reliable Solution For Major Dental Problems
What Are Dental Crowns?
There times when a patient suffers from severe dental damage due to an accident where a tooth or teeth might be beyond repair. While this might bring unwanted stress and feelings of self-consciousness, the solution of a dental crown can help eliminate both. A crown is a prosthetic positioned over a tooth to create a smoother look and to also enhance strength and durability.
The placement of a crown is often recommended for:
- Old fillings
- Restore an already broken tooth
- Severely decayed teeth
Crowns strengthen and protect the remaining tooth structure and can improve the appearance of your smile. Types of crowns include:
- The full porcelain crown (ideal for use on the front teeth)
- The porcelain-fused-to-metal crown
- The all-metal crown (ideal for back teeth)
Smile With Confidence Once More – Call 561-622-0301 For A Free Smile Assessment!
The Dental Crown Procedure
A crown may last up to 40 years and for best results, Dr. Acosta uses Empress All Porcelain Crowns to provide his patients with a longer lasting beautiful smile. Our goal is to give you a natural looking smile, not one that looks fake and unnaturally fitting.
- Before placing the crown on the tooth, Dr. Acosta will shape and create an impression of that tooth and the teeth surrounding it.
- He will then place a temporary acrylic crown on the tooth until the permanent crown is ready, usually between 1 and 2 weeks.
Contact Acosta Dental Arts today at 561-622-0301 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Acosta to determine whether you need dental crowns or bridges.